Skip to content
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Groups
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (Cyborg)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Rhino Linux Logo

Rhino Linux Forums

M

Makaha

@Makaha
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
7
Topics
1
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Introducing RPKGUI: A Graphical Interface for Rhino Package Management
    M Makaha
    General Discussion

    @kr34tor An update notifier would be a great addition. Even though it's a rolling release, and updates could be frequent, it would be great. I know you can write a bash script (not me) to regularly run "rpk update -y" but I'll write myself a reminder to do it every X days - yet to determine X :)


  • Introducing RPKGUI: A Graphical Interface for Rhino Package Management
    M Makaha
    General Discussion

    @kr34tor I'm much more comfortable with using rpk now, but an rpkgui which makes it easier to browse for apps, particularly by class or family, would be a great addition.


  • Why Rhino Linux Feels Different
    M Makaha
    General Discussion

    A month ago I had a "look" at Rhino, and since then I've had a "look" at about 6 other rolling releases. Some have too many updates, others border on unstable, yet others too complex for a relative Linux newcomer (6 months, distro hopper). I was initially impressed by Rhino, and have returned for an extended use. I dont need bleeding edge, just continuity and stability with relatively "new" versions of the things I use. Lets see how Rhino goes....


  • Auto remove after first update
    M Makaha
    amd64-generic

    I suppose the golden rule is "never use apt, use the equivalent rpk command" but it would be nice if that's what the instruction was in the installation live log, not "use 'sudo apt autoremove' " .


  • Auto remove after first update
    M Makaha
    amd64-generic

    @Rondarius I ran it a bit earlier just after I made my post and it replied “nothing to do” etc. I assume that’s what I should have done in the first place but I was only following the live installation log instructions.


  • Introducing RPKGUI: A Graphical Interface for Rhino Package Management
    M Makaha
    General Discussion

    @solo2121
    This will be a fantastic addition to Rhino. Is there a timeline for it’s availability?


  • Auto remove after first update
    M Makaha
    amd64-generic

    Hi, I’m very new to Rhino (1 day) and relatively new to Linux (6 months), rescuing old laptops for family members (6 so far, none less than 8 years old).
    During ISO installation on an old Dell XPS laptop and reboot, after I was doing the update using “rpk update -y” command in Terminal, many times I noticed an instruction to run “sudo apt auto remove” to remove redundant items.
    After another reboot I followed the autoremove instruction only to be advised I was actually trying to remove the kernel currently in use, amongst other things. It gave me the option to stop, which I did.
    I don’t understand why it would tell me to run autoremove which would include the current kernel. Please advise if I’ve missed something.

    Apart from the above I’m looking forward to enjoying Rhino.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
  • First post
    Last post